We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on VP People who is responsible for the employee experience, international talent management and corporate strategies. This is a critical role with the ultimate responsibility to attract, develop and engage the best talent in a very competitive and international environment across multiple offices (Antwerp, Toronto, Vilnius, New York, London).
We are a fast growing data science and behavioural change company that uses AI and machine learning algorithms to analyze low level sensor data from smart objects in order to better understand human behavior and context. We believe AI has the power to improve people’s lives and we work with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to make this mission a reality every day.
In order to do this we are constantly looking for the brightest people who represent our core employee values:
- CURIOSITY - You never stop asking - explore all possible angles - seek out different perspectives from those around you.
- OPENNESS - You have an open mind - listen to others - make yourself heard.
- GRIT - You will not be stopped. You are resourceful and relentless.
- INTEGRITY - You are trustworthy - can be counted on - take ownership of your actions.
- WEIRDNESS - You’re intrigued by what’s odd - embrace the eccentric - don’t take yourself too seriously.
Our team today counts over 60 highly skilled individuals from more than 20 nationalities.
You will be based in our headquarter in Antwerp (Belgium) and be part of the Management team. If you are convinced a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills, then let’s talk!
- You have experience in managing a small but fast expanding team.
- You will ensure that our hiring keeps up with demand. You have expertise in Employer Branding.
- You champion the onboarding process ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- You manage our performance management process and engage with all aspects of our employees’ experience
- You are the ‘people sensor’ within our organization; you keep an eye and an ear out to gauge the atmosphere and to know how each of our colleagues is doing.
- You inspire confidence and trust in the ability to deliver good outcomes for employees and the business.
- You lead employee relations in a collaborative and ethical way.
- You are knowledgeable of the sector and potential competitors for talent.
- You are aware of job analysis and can implement and develop employment strategies.
What we offer
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive and of course, we have all the start up essentials: free coffee, nuts, fruits, a ping pong table in Antwerp, and often home baked goods. Better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and an openness for the curious. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have at least +5 years of relevant experience. However, we value more a broad and innovative HR-mindset, and a strong maturity, over just the years you’ve clocked.
- You master the ‘hard’ HR-domains, such as remuneration policy and HR-KPI’s
- You have experience in working in a small team, covering at least 50 staff, ideally in a technology industry, but at least experience in a business of our scale.
- You should show evidence of a strategic approach to talent, not just in solving challenges but in moving the agenda forward and see the opportunities. Ideally you have experience in implementing HR strategy in an international market.
- You show resourcefulness and proactivity in getting to know the people and the business, to reach successful outcomes.
- You are fluent in English and you have a good multi-cultural sensitivity.
- You are willing to work in Antwerp (Belgium) and will travel occasionally.
Interested in our company culture? Read our blog