As an experienced data scientist, you are ready to start a new challenge in a fast-paced environment where you can use your programming skills to solve challenging data analytic problems. With a passion for machine learning and data analysis, you will be part of our Data Science Team.
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art methods for both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You will work with big data (GPS fixes and sensors) from hundreds of thousands of users.
- You will train algorithms to predict low events concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behavior (commuting, sporting, shopping).
- You will help the team to improve upon current methods and models. With a practical mindset you will bring these models into a production environment.
- Your software development knowledge will allow you to closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team to improve our models and push them through our release process.
- You will work in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium)
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer some great benefits to support your wellbeing, from meal coupons to fresh fruit, discount on your gym membership, yoga in the office and many more.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a Masters degree or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- You have professional or academic experience in machine learning and data modeling.
- You have used generative (e.g. Gaussian Mixture Models) and discriminative (e.g. Random Forest) classification techniques.
- You have a strong mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You are fluent in Python and have strong knowledge of software development.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is a true strength of yours.
- Experience in signal processing
- Geo-spatial and Spatio-temporal learning
- Knowledge of natural language processing
- Sensor data modeling from mobile devices or wearables
- Big data engineering knowledge (Spark, Kafka, database,...)
- Experience with Java
- Deep Learning; LSTMs, Convolutional neural networks, etc.