VP Business Development Europe
The Internet of Things (IoT) sector is growing exponentially and creating new and exciting opportunities. New sensor technology, wearables and smartphones are transforming our daily lives. Sentiance offers a sensor fusion platform to organizations who look to build powerful new applications and solutions that will make people’s lives healthier, safer and more convenient.
Sentiance is a well-funded, innovation-powered, technology startup with HQ’s in Antwerp, Belgium. We specialize in applying machine & deep learning to IOT sensor data in order to better understand human behavior and context. Sensor data is captured by smart phones (location, time, acceleration, gyroscope), wearables (biometrics) and in home sensors (in room activity). Today we are working with some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world on applications in smart mobility, lifestyle based insurance, connected car, personalized mobile experiences, remote patient monitoring and care adherence.
Sentiance is looking for a seasoned VP Business Development for Europe. You will help drive both our strategy and tactical business development programs to drive the commercial traction for Sentiance's solutions in your markets. You will also work as a part of the global business development team, helping to grow the business in all four application areas : Health, Mobility, Commerce, Smart Home/City.
You will be a part of the Business Development team reporting directly to the President of Sentiance.
- You will directly lead business development, sales engineering and execution to position Sentiance as the preferred sensor fusion platform in the industries mentioned above
- You will help shape, design, create and market our solution in the specific market segments
- You will lead the go-to-market strategy and execution for Europe & Middle East?
- You will be responsible for customer and partner account relationships in Europe
- You will report to the President of Sentiance
Desired Skills and Expertise
- You are hands-on, ready to explore and expand
- You have a strong and proven business development track record for technology companies in Europe
- You have C-level negotiation skills in the context of a consultative sales process, preferably in enterprise software solution sales
- You want to be part of a start-up in a rapidly expanding, high-paced environment with international ambitions.
- You are a strategic thinker who can adapt sales and marketing approaches to different industries and segments
- You are a savvy relationship builder with experience in the technology space
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, an energetic presence and are hands-on in dealing with complex projects. You can think outside of the box to support your own creativity.
- You have a passion for the "Internet of Things", wireless connectivity, sensor
- technology and/or embedded systems
- You have five or more years of industry experience leading customer strategies in at least one of the relevant business areas
- You have an excellent network and detailed knowledge of industry trends and competitors.
- You have experience in defining the positioning and messaging for new and emerging technologies and services
- You are excellent in communicating to customers, analysts and partners.
- You have excellent communication skills in English. German, Dutch and French are a plus.