Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you have extensive experience in machine learning, software engineering, predictive analytics and time series modeling. You will be part of our Data Science Team where you will lead your own projects and guide other people.
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art methods for both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You will work with big data (GPS fixes and sensors) from hundreds of thousands of users.
- You will train algorithms to predict low events concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behavior (commuting, sporting, shopping).
- You will help the team to improve upon current methods and models. With a practical mindset you will bring these models into a production environment.
- Your software development experience will allow you to closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team to improve our models and push them through our release process.
- You will work in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium)
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer some great benefits to support your wellbeing, from meal coupons to fresh fruit, discount on your gym membership, yoga in the office and many more.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- You are an expert in machine learning and data modeling.
- You have experience in software engineering and deployment to production
- You have proven experience with generative and discriminating techniques.
- You possess a deep understanding of clustering, manifold learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- You can use big data tools such as Spark for development
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
We have 2 open positions, each with its specific focus:
Data Scientist Mobility Sensing - Experience with any of the following is desired:
- Signal Processing: pre-processing, Band-pass filtering, downsampling with anti-aliasing, Fourier/Cepstrum analysis
- Temporal Modeling: HMMs, Dynamic Bayesian Networks, Kalman and Particle Filtering
Data Scientist Lifestyles Interpretation - Experience with any of the following is desired:
- Geo-spatial and Spatio-temporal learning
- Representation Learning
- Natural Language Processing; Word2Vec, Doc2Vec, POS Tagging
- Graph and/or Sequence Modeling and Mining; Node2Vec, Random Walks
- Deep Learning; LSTMs, Convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Sensor data modeling from mobile devices or wearables
- Data engineering expertise
- Experience with Java