Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you have extensive experience with generative and discriminative classification and regression, linear and non-linear dimensionality reduction, predictive analytics and time series modeling. You will be part of our Data Science Team and you are passionate about machine learning and data analysis.
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art methods for both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You will work with big data (GPS fixes and sensors) from hundreds of thousands of users.
- You will train algorithms to predict low events concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behavior (commuting, sporting, shopping).
- You will help the team to improve upon current methods and models. With a practical mindset you will bring these models into a production environment.
- Your software development experience will allow you to closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team to improve our models and push them through our release process.
- You will work in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium)
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer some great benefits to support your wellbeing, from meal coupons to fresh fruit, discount on your gym membership, yoga in the office and many more.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- You are an expert in machine learning and data modeling.
- You have proven experience with generative (e.g. Gaussian Mixture Models) and discriminative (e.g. Random Forest) classification techniques.
- You possess a deep understanding of clustering, manifold learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- You have a strong mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have software development experience in Python.
- Experience in signal processing: pre-processing, Band-pass filtering, downsampling with anti-aliasing, Fourier/Cepstrum analysis
- Experience in signal temporal Modeling: HMMs, Dynamic Bayesian Networks, Kalman and Particle Filtering
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is a true strength of yours.
- Deep Learning; LSTMs, Convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Geo-spatial and Spatio-temporal learning
- Sensor data modeling from mobile devices or wearables
- Data engineering expertise
- Experience with Java