Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you have extensive experience with generative and discriminative classification and regression, linear and non-linear dimensionality reduction, predictive analytics and time series modeling. You will be part of our Data Science Team and you are passionate about machine learning and data analysis.
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art methods for both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You will work with big data (GPS fixes and sensors) from hundreds of thousands of users.
- You will train algorithms to predict low events concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behavior (commuting, sporting, shopping).
- You will help the team to improve upon current methods and models. With a practical mindset you will bring these models into a production environment.
- Your software development experience will allow you to closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team to improve our models and push them through our release process.
- You will work in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium)
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer a great benefits package (also for expats), including:
- Mealvouchers & eco vouchers
- Representation allowance
- 20 days paid vacation
- Phone + subscription (EUR 50)
- 50% discount on gym membership
- Free fruit & nuts in the office
- Free yoga sessions in the office
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- You are an expert in machine learning and data modeling.
- You have proven experience with generative (e.g. Gaussian Mixture Models) and discriminative (e.g. Random Forest) classification techniques.
- You possess a deep understanding of clustering, manifold learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- You have a strong mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have software development experience in Python.
- Experience in signal processing: pre-processing, Band-pass filtering, downsampling with anti-aliasing, Fourier/Cepstrum analysis
- Experience in signal temporal Modeling: HMMs, Dynamic Bayesian Networks, Kalman and Particle Filtering
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is a true strength of yours.
- Deep Learning; LSTMs, Convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Geo-spatial and Spatio-temporal learning
- Sensor data modeling from mobile devices or wearables
- Data engineering expertise
- Experience with Java