Senior Data Engineer
You have had at least 5 years of work experience and have a passion for building state-of-the-art innovative computing infrastructures. You will be a part of our Data Engineering Team. Since we believe in great teamwork, you must be eager to learn and bring an energetic and creative approach to work. We are looking for someone like you if you are convinced that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills.
- You will integrate complex human behaviour models into a scalable production platform.
- You will do performance and scalability engineering.
- You will develop software engineering components.
- You will work in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium).
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer a great benefits package (also for expats), including:
- Mealvouchers & eco vouchers
- Representation allowance
- 20 days paid vacation
- Phone + subscription (EUR 50)
- 50% discount on gym membership
- Free fruit & nuts in the office
- Free yoga sessions in the office
Desired skills and expertise
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field.
- You have experience programming in Java and Python.
- You know your way around the Linux operating system.
- You have work experience on distributed computation frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem) and NoSQL/SQL databases.
- You have strong notions of and affinity for machine learning and data mining.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
Proven experience scaling to terabyte-size datasets and managing pipelines to process them is a plus!