Mobile Engineer (Android)
We are on the hunt for a seasoned embedded mobile developer who is willing to optimize our solution within the Chinese mobile development ecosystem. Are you convinced that you fit the profile and that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills ?
Then let's talk.
You will be working on the Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK). What we offer you is not a classic app development job but a position that enables you to dive deep into low level embedded programming. In addition, you will also be supporting demo applications on the Android platform.
- Tasks & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the implementation of the Android build of the Sentiance China SDK
- Bring the China SDK on par with our standard SDK despite the limitations of Android functionalities in China
- Optimize the SDK to work on most of the mainstream Chinese phones
- Do technical analysis, develop a deep understanding of low level Mobile APIs (scheduler, sensor handling, power management, …)
- Write technical documentation as part of the SDK documentation packs
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions on SDK features
- Do Unit testing and regression testing, including automated testing
- Package and deliver demo apps from testing environments to live app store releases
- Support the team on ad-hoc tasks when necessary
Desired Skills and Expertise
- You demonstrated progression and growth as an Android developer through past assignments developing applications
- You have knowledge and experience of native development on the Android SDK and Android devices landscape
- You know the constrains and limitations of Android development in the Chinese ecosystem and ways to circumvent them
- Troubleshooting skills using data to find anomalies and test hypotheses
- Ability to effectively communicate with third-party technical and sales teams
- You have a thorough understanding of MVC design patterns and architectures
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin
- You have any experience with other mobile development environments (HTML5/Angular/CSS/JS, Tizen)
- Basic knowledge using SQL and Kibana