Android SDK Engineer
We are on the hunt for a seasoned embedded mobile developer who is eager to learn and bring an energetic and creative approach to work. Are you convinced that you fit the profile and that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills ? Then let's talk.
You will be working on the Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK), What we offer you is not a classic app development job but a position that enables you to dive deep into low level embedded programming. In addition, you will also be supporting demo applications on the Android platform.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the implementation of the Android build of the Sentiance SDK
- Do technical analysis, develop a deep understanding of low level Mobile APIs (scheduler, sensor handling, power management, …)
- Write technical documentation as part of the SDK documentation packs
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions on SDK features
- Do Unit testing and regression testing, including automated testing
- Package and deliver demo apps from testing environments to live app store releases
- Support the team on ad-hoc tasks when necessary
What we offer
We offer a high-energy, positive working atmosphere. If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support. On top of your salary, we offer some great benefits to support your wellbeing, from meal coupons to fresh fruit, discount on your gym membership, yoga in the office and many more.
Desired skills and expertise
- You demonstrated progression and growth as an experienced Android Developer through past assignments developing Android applications
- You are experienced with, and have a deep understanding of, low level Android service and operating system calls
- You have a thorough working knowledge and experience of native development on Android OS (Android.location, Google Locations Services API, process and application lifecycle and running battery efficient background services)
- You have a thorough understanding of design patterns and architectures
Bonus points for ...
- Having a basic understanding of signal processing
- Having any experience with other mobile development environments (iOS, React Native, Xamarin, Cordova, ...)
- Having experience with Android Native Development Kit (NDK)